Versioning not preserving folder hierarchy

Get help for specific problems

careysb

Version 9.1, Windows 7
Left: D:\_music\__Data
Right: M:\Versioned\_music\__Data
Versioning folder: M:\Versioned-Copies
File that changed: D:\_music\__Data\music.xlsx
File copied to: M:\Versioned\_music\__Data (this is correct)
Old file moved to: M:\Versioned-Copies (not correct)

Versioning doesn't preserve the folder hierarchy for the versioned old copies.

Am I doing something wrong?

Gianni1962

No, and whats FFS do is correct.

The changed file music.xlsx reside in the "root" relative to your folders pairs, so the old version is moved to the "root" of the folder you have chosen for versioning.

You can choose a different Versioning folder, for example:
M:\Versioned-Copies\_music\__Data
or
M:\Versioned-Copies\__Data

careysb

No, and whats FFS do is correct.

The changed file music.xlsx reside in the "root" relative to your folders pairs, so the old version is moved to the "root" of the folder you have chosen for versioning.

You can choose a different Versioning folder, for example:
M:\Versioned-Copies\_music\__Data
or
M:\Versioned-Copies\__Data Gianni1962, 15 Jun 2017, 00:38
Thanks for the reply. I posted a short explanation of my "job". I also have a rule for C:\users\xxx\Documents. However the "job" only lets me define on versioned folder per "job" not by per "rule". So if I only had music to deal with your suggestion would work.

Perhaps a work around: Can I make multiple jobs that handle a single directory with the versioned folder set correctly for that directory, and then make a parent job that holds all the directory jobs?

Gianni1962

Did you know that you can setup different Versioning folders for every folders pairs?

careysb

Did you know that you can setup different Versioning folders for every folders pairs? Gianni1962, 15 Jun 2017, 23:42
That sounds like exactly what I need but I couldn't find that in the documentation. Can you point me in the right direction?

careysb

Did you know that you can setup different Versioning folders for every folders pairs? Gianni1962, 15 Jun 2017, 23:42
That sounds like exactly what I need but I couldn't find that in the documentation. Can you point me in the right direction? careysb, 16 Jun 2017, 00:15
OK, GOT IT. I didn't know about the ability to configure "local" versioning, it was grayed out when I tried. A little check box later and I had what I wanted. Thanks again.