Register date for all successful syncs

Discuss new features and functions

ffsuser

Linux Mint 18.3 MATE x64; FreeFileSync 9.7

The addition of a pane on the left-hand side of the FreeFileSync window containing notes on the last date of each sync is a welcome addition.

However, it appears that the date for a sync is only updated if files are actually synced between the source and the destination. If a successful comparison is carried out, but the source and destination are deemed identical, then the date is not updated, despite the sync being successful.

I personally consider a sync to be successful whether or not any files were actually transferred as a result of the sync (i.e. whether the source and destination were deemed identical or not), and I wonder if the developers might agree.
Site Admin

Zenju

despite the sync being successful. ffsuser, 01 Feb 2018, 23:56
You mean if the sync button is not pressed? Yes, the last sync time is only updated if a synchronization is run to completion, but it doesn't matter if files are actually copied.

ffsuser

despite the sync being successful. ffsuser, 01 Feb 2018, 23:56
You mean if the sync button is not pressed? Yes, the last sync time is only updated if a synchronization is run to completion, but it doesn't matter if files are actually copied. Zenju, 02 Feb 2018, 12:12
Ok, understood. I didn't realise that I would have to press the Synchronize button - if there are no differences between the source and the destination, why should this be necessary?

Would it be possible that if a synchronisation compare finds that the destination matches the source, it auto updates the time of Last Sync?
Site Admin

Zenju

This seems to make sense. Implemented for the next version!

ffsuser

That's wonderful. Many thanks for your support on this issue, Zenju, and keep up the great work!