Cannot install OR build on Ubuntu 18.xx (Jetson Nano)

Get help for specific problems

twrackers

I can't install or build from source the current FreeFileSync.

If I download the Linux install file and extract its contents, there's a "*.run" file which is marked as executable. I don't know what architecture it was built for, but my Ubuntu refuses to run it, saying it's an invalid format. (Jetson Nano is an ARM7 architecture.)

If I download and extract the source install file, there are no build instructions. Trying to run "make" fails immediately because it can't find the tools which were apparently downloaded with it, but are not built either.

bgstack15

Yes, the .run file is a x86_64 binary, but it also contains zipped contents that unzip or 7zip (7za) should be able to extract.
7za x FreeFileSync_11.7.run
The main zip file that used to be the main downloadable asset is now here to use.

And in the source zip file, all the good stuff is in subdirectory FreeFileSync/Source, so from the new directory you extracted the source contents, run:
make -C FreeFileSync/Source
The package names for build-deps in Debian are the following:
imagemagick,
g++-10,
libbrotli-dev,
libcurl4-openssl-dev (>=7.68.0),
libssh2-1-dev,
libssl-dev,
wx3.0-headers,
unzip,
libgtk-3-dev,
libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev,

This list should help you get started on the Ubuntu build-dep names. I use the imagemagick for manipulating icon files, so it might not be necessary. And unzip is just for extracting icon files from the embedded zip files for the icons for the .desktop files.