remove name from donation edition

Discuss new features and functions

filesyncer2017

Hello. I donated money as I have greatly benefited from this application, but every time I update, and i am sure elsewhere, my real name shows up which I think may have been extracted when I paid. is there anyway I can detach my real name, and my email if it is also there, from the application completely? I only use it on my personal desktop but still my paranoia is annoying me about it.
Site Admin

Zenju

Showing real name and surname in the FreeFileSync Donation Edition is deliberate and a form of copy protection. This information not shared with anyone, unless you share it.

filesyncer2017

I see. I am on linux, can you explain how these features of donation edition work for me?

auto-updater: I do not see any auto update, it only tells me an update is available and asks me to press yes to install. does this mean that the normal edition does not even tell you there is a new update?
parallel file copy: does this refer the experimental multithreaded feature that usually uses too much cpu?
email notifications: dont use it so you can ignore this
portable zip: apparently windows only so also ignore this

xCSxXenon

auto-updater: I do not see any auto update, it only tells me an update is available and asks me to press yes to install. does this mean that the normal edition does not even tell you there is a new update?
parallel file copy: does this refer the experimental multithreaded feature that usually uses too much cpu? filesyncer2017, 17 Apr 2024, 19:27
auto-updater, more like an auto-installer in my opinion. It would be nice if it actually did it all on its own, but currently RTS jobs don't get restarted when updating FFS

parallel file copy: Not experimental and it works fine when used in the correct scenarios. As with all programs and computers, resource management must be considered prior to scaling up load

filesyncer2017

auto-updater, more like an auto-installer in my opinion. It would be nice if it actually did it all on its own, but currently RTS jobs don't get restarted when updating FFS xCSxXenon, 17 Apr 2024, 19:48
so the auto-installer is not a thing in the standard version? does it still check for new versions to notify me?

then if I check for a new version through the website and download the .run file myself, what is the process for upgrading to the new version?

xCSxXenon

so the auto-installer is not a thing in the standard version? does it still check for new versions to notify me?

then if I check for a new version through the website and download the .run file myself, what is the process for upgrading to the new version? filesyncer2017, 17 Apr 2024, 23:00
I cannot verify if it still checks and notifies automatically, as I haven't used the free version in a long time. Other than that, yes you would just have to manually find, download, and install the newer version. It installs overtop an existing version fine