Couple error and bunch of *.ffs_tmp files

Get help for specific problems

dudesplace

I just have a couple issues.
First off I've run a couple times evaluating FFS.
I run it on Windows 11, Garuda Linux, and Linux Mint. I've used it across network to sync between NAS's,
and PC's, with nary an issue. BUT ran into this problem, not sure how to remedy.
This is on a PC dual boot with Garuda Linux, I dropped 2 older storage drives in. The OS is on a separate NVME
drive. The 2 old drives, originally formatted NTFS, I copied all the data from one to the other. Reformatted one
with FAT32, as most Linux distro's can use NTFS but it's asking for trouble.
I was doing a sync so i could reformat the other to FAT32 as well but running into some issues.
Here's the errors:
EFBIG: File to large [write] and looks like it gets a 4c4f.ffs_tmp added to end and it's possibly a .wav or .wpd file.
EIO:Input/output error [read]

Most of these files are large as it is a recording storage drive from my live DAW PC.
It'll contain hugh .wav files, some small channel and track data files.
All the above on Garuda Linux
This same PC with resulting errors running FFS in Windows 11:
Cannot copy file .mkv to .ffs_temp ERROR_INVALID_PARAMTER: The parameter is incorrect.[CopyFile]

xCSxXenon

FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit, is the possibly your issue?

dudesplace

Yeah I seen that after doing some research, I reformatted to xfat and same or similar errors. I'm going to try in Windows and see if it goes through that way, thinking maybe it was a file extension or permission thing but we'll see. And I'll also see if it is just a corrupt file, it has been running for years.. I need to install my diagnostic stuff yet to check smart and run fdisk and other diagnostics on drives, make sure it's not just a drive dying.
Thanks for reply, I'll post results or any remedy.

dudesplace

After investigating drive in Linux, it is dying, bunch of bad relocated sectors, errors reading some others, also was some permissions on some folders I think was causing issues as well. I just enabled W/R for the whole drive, at least it is copying so far, It's 2 TB so it'll take a bit.