At a total loss

Get help for specific problems

ChrisK

In 2012 I built a computer with an i7 3770 processor. Remarkable how fast it still is! Very recently, I discovered freefilesync as I was building a new i7 14700 no holds barred computer. (When I upgrade, I do it right and then I'm bad for the economy for a decade or more.) When I put freefilesync on the old one, everything was peachy. I tried to leave a donation, but my credit union denied the transaction when I used my perfectly good debit card. (They do that for obscure reasons.) I gave up. When I tried to put freefilesync on the new one, it screwed up. To the effect that my ffs (not to be confused with "fastfilesystem") informed me that it was already registered to my old machine or something to that effect. I went back and tried to donate again. I tried "credit card" and I tried "Paypal" (which ended up asking for a credit card, to since I have no desire to ever have a Paypal account.) Declined both times. So, now I have a mess on the new machine, with "missing files", that won't even let me uninstall it. Nice! I feel almost like I'm being punished! I know, I know... It's nobody's fault. I'd still like to donate. I'd still like to get ffs installed on the new machine. But I am so sick and tired of all the runarounds I seem to attract because I don't live quite like the av'rage Murkin.... But I digress...

Greg12

ffs_delete_installs.jpg
ffs_delete_installs.jpg (321.56 KiB) Viewed 83 times
Do you have the email from when you did your donation? It should have a hyperlink to where you download the donation Edition from. In there somewhere should be a list of or the number of machines that you have installed the software on. You should be able to delete everything and start over. At least that's my understanding.

There should be a line that says the software is installed on X number of devices and then immediately to the right there is a button called show and if you click that button you can delete everything.

ChrisK

OK! I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists and installed FreeFileSync on the new computer over again. IT WORKED!! I have no idea what changed and what happened in the first place. Instead of utter disaster, I now have FreeFileSync on both my ancient, but capable 12 year old computer and my new i7 14700 | Asrock Riptide Z790 WiFi new computer!! YAY! The only things I am missing are the ability to donate (but I haven't tried again; that's a little scary, too) and the donation edition stuff. This is an outstanding program! Blazing fast. Thank you! I have a(nother) new Asustor AS5304T on the way and it will come in way handy!