LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL: Read Packet At Unexpected Offset [libssh2_sftp_read]

Get help for specific problems

CrashO

Hello.
For several years everything worked as it should. No problem and then it started...
FreeFileSync 13.5 Donate Edition
Files are synchronized from a laptop (Windows 10 22h2) to an sftp server (based on Windows 10 22h2 Bitvise ssh server 9.36)
Problem: If I add a file to the synchronization folder on the laptop side, the synchronization takes place. BUT, if I add a file from the server side I get an error during synchronization:
Error Cannot read file "sftp://user@00.00.00.00/SYNC/test.jpg".
LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL: Read Packet At Unexpected Offset [libssh2_sftp_read]
Error Cannot delete file "C:\Users\CrashO\Documents\DESKTOP FOLDERS\SYNC\test-39b0.ffs_tmp".
ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND: Не удается найти указанный файл. [DeleteFile]
Error Stopped
What is surprising: if you add a text file (*.txt) from the server side, it is synchronized, but if, for example, *.jpg & png, it gives an error...

I'm looking forward to your advice, thanks in advance.

CrashO

It's amazing, doesn't anyone know?

xCSxXenon

It's amazing, doesn't anyone know? CrashO, 03 May 2024, 08:16
Doesn't seem like it, no

CrashO

Update 9.37 fix problem...
I’ll leave it here, maybe someone uses the same combination and has encountered a similar problem. The update came out the other day.

"Version 9.34 introduced an inconsistency in how the SSH Server responds to SSH_FXP_READ requests which attempt to read past end-of-file. When processing a single such request, the SSH Server would send SSH_FXP_STATUS with SSH_FX_EOF; but when responding to consolidated requests, the SSH Server could send SSH_FXP_DATA with empty data. When using SFTP v6, the end-of-file flag would also be set, but this flag is not present in SFTP v3 and v4. This broke file transfers using some clients, specifically the Perl mesh client (based on Net::SFTP).

The SSH Server again consistently responds to past-end-of-file SSH_FXP_READ requests by sending SSH_FXP_STATUS with SSH_FX_EOF."