Syncing with UNC path

Get help for specific problems

Vampire337

I just set up FreeFileSync as a docker container on an existing PhotonOS Linux virtual machine. I want to sync a folder "/users/myname/documents" with "\\mylaptopname\c$\users\myname\Documents". I've been poking around in the webui and have been able to find the local storage location just fine, but I've had no luck with finding a way to add a UNC path. I tried symbolic links in the storage folder and that seems to not work. Is there a guide I haven't found which explains setting up a sync between a local folder and a network (UNC) share?

xCSxXenon

You could mount the network path and use the local mount point in FFS or use the UNC path directly

Vampire337

Using the UNC path directly doesn't appear to work (this is what I was trying to do initially). When I attempt to enter "\\mylaptopname\c$", FreeFileSync interprets it as "/config\\mylaptopname\c$" when I hit Compare. Since that doesn't seem to work, I was expecting to be able to add the UNC location (and credentials) in Other Locations, but I didn't see anywhere to enter it.

I will try mounting the UNC path externally. Where would I enter the credentials to connect to the UNC path to a CIFS share on another PC?