Mirror type sync

Get help for specific problems

petergiang

Dear all,
I'm a newbie.
Because I cannot find the solution from from forum. So please help me.
I use the Mirror type (attached image) to sync the data.
If I delete the source folder, after batchjob run the data in the destination folder is also deleted.
I created versioning, but some data is missing.
To keep the data at destination folder after source folder data was deleted, is there any way to do that?
Thank you!
Attachments
FFS_Mirror.JPG
FFS_Mirror.JPG (74.83 KiB) Viewed 112 times

Plerry

> To keep the data at destination folder after source folder data was deleted, is there any way to do that?

A Mirror sync will delete anything form the destination (right-side) that does not or no longer exist on the source (left-side).
An Update sync will leave anything in the destination (right-side) that does not or no longer exist on the source (left-side).
So, you should switch to an Update sync.

> I created versioning, but some data is missing.

In your Versioning location you will only find previous versions of files that have (at least once) been deleted or overwritten by an FFS sync; not all your data.
Also note that data that is excluded via the Exclude Filter will be ignored by your sync, and thus is not deleted or overwritten, and thus also not versioned.

petergiang

Hi Plerry,
Thanks for your support.
If I keep continuing to use Mirror type, but I modify it (attached image), Mirror sync will delete the destination (right-side) or not?
Attachments
1 default Mirror.JPG
1 default Mirror.JPG (48.65 KiB) Viewed 73 times
2 Modify Mirror.JPG
2 Modify Mirror.JPG (48.71 KiB) Viewed 73 times

Plerry

In your second picture, the Mirror sync has become a Custom sync in which for the Difference Category "Item exists right-side only" the Action is now set to "Do nothing" (as opposed to the "Delete right item" Action for a Mirror sync).
(The FFS GUI will show descriptions when you hoover your cursor over Difference and Action icons)

An Update sync does also "Do nothing" for the "Exists right-side only" Difference Category, but differs from your shown Custom setting in the Action for the Difference category "Right-side is newer".
For an Update sync that Action is "Do nothing", while with your shown Custom setting, the newer right-side item will be overwritten by the older left-side item ("Update right item").