What is this error? WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND

Get help for specific problems

praktik

Cannot find the following folders:
sftp://backup@HERE-IP
/home/backup

This is on windows 10, the backup works, I mean the connection works perfectly and all the backup files are copied correctly but at the end of scheduled task this error always shows up. I googled and WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND seems to be related to a DNS problem, but I am connecting using IP, this does not make sense, can someone help me?

xCSxXenon

This thread ended with Zenju(Dev) making a change adjacent to ipv6 stuff:
viewtopic.php?t=11444

This known issue posted from Microsoft is also related to ipv6:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/networking/getaddrinfo-fails-error-11001-call-af-inet6-family

I wonder if these are related

praktik

I do not connect through ipv6. My server has no ipv6 configured and my windows client also do not have ipv6. Everything works except the annoying error log showing at the end of scheduled job

xCSxXenon

I do not connect through ipv6. praktik, 04 Aug 2024, 16:11
Correct, but that doesn't mean the underlying code doesn't pass your entered IP through something that does involve ipv6
Do you know when this started?

EDIT: Nevermind, the thread I linked shows Zenju only made that related change in the 13.8 beta. Since we are still on 13.7, this is almost assuredly not the issue

praktik

answering your question, I believe that this started happening after some update, I would say 2-3 updates ago but at which version I have no clue

Plerry

... after some update ...
After an FFS update or a Microsoft update?

praktik

FFS update
Site Admin

Zenju

The error message is correct. "backup" isn't a domain name.

Plerry

It seems the first "backup" (backup1) would be the username on the sftp host HERE-IP.
And the second "backup" (backup2) would be a folder named "backup" in the "backup" users storage space on the sftp server.
Like in sftp://backup1@1.1.1.1/home/backup2/

But I also found
sftp://backup1@1.1.1.1:/home/backup2/
Note the extra colon.
Site Admin

Zenju

You're right, "backup" is the username, "HERE-IP" the domain name, which isn't found.

But I also found
sftp://backup1@1.1.1.1:/home/backup2/
Note the extra colon. Plerry, 05 Aug 2024, 12:05
What is the finding?

Plerry

> What is the finding?
I was aware of the optional syntax of a 2nd colon followed by a port number (for when using a different port than the default sftp port).
sftp://[user@]host[:port][/path]
But then I also found syntax descriptions with just the 2nd colon, but without a port number, and was not sure if the 2nd colon was optional or still mandatory even when not specifying a port.
Site Admin

Zenju

It's optional, but the syntax shouldn't be generated manually in any case.

praktik

I do not generate any syntax manually, the error message is built, I believe, from the settings of my FFS configuration