Conflict detected on a folder, not a file

Get help for specific problems

camner

This morning when I made my weekly FFS run (unidirectional, with moving changed target files to a different location for versioning), FFS reported one conflict, but it was for a folder, not for a file.

I don't understand when a folder might throw a conflict. Perhaps if I do something such as change the name on the target (which I didn't do)? But if I do something like that, since I use FFS unidirectionally, shouldn't FFS do what it does with files when there's a difference between the source and target, which is to move the target item to the version location and copy the source to the target?
SCR-20240824-jzdf.png
SCR-20240824-jzdf.png (249.76 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
Site Admin

Zenju

You can mouse-hover over the middle grid to see the details.

xCSxXenon

This scenario (same name, different case), for me, shows the same as yours. They are equal and action 'update' is to be taken. It says "Items differ in name only", but mine is categorized under updates, not a conflict. What version of FFS are you on?

camner

You can mouse-hover over the middle grid to see the details. Zenju, 25 Aug 2024, 07:33
Thanks for the reply!

By "middle grid" I presume you mean the outlined area below, yes?
When I mouse over the outlined area, I get nothing.
SCR-20240825-ishs.png
SCR-20240825-ishs.png (201.58 KiB) Viewed 2374 times

What am I misunderstanding?

camner

This scenario (same name, different case), for me, shows the same as yours. They are equal and action 'update' is to be taken. It says "Items differ in name only", but mine is categorized under updates, not a conflict. What version of FFS are you on? xCSxXenon, 25 Aug 2024, 14:25
I'm on version 13.7.

FWIW, after the sync phase of the FFS run that showed the conflict with the folder, I ran FFS again, and after the Compare phase, there was no conflict reported.