crashes and hangs

Get help for specific problems

problazer

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the software last night and like it so far. However, I've run into a problem with the application throwing and error then haning. I have put the two errors I found from the event viewer below. Doesn't look like they will be able to help to much. What I was doing when the application errored. Well I was syncing files between a network source and a usb hard drive. I was transfering a lot of files, can't give you an actual count. Total size was probably around 150gb. App ran ok for a few hours then errored out.

Here are the errors from the event viewer. Is there an error log the application produces that I can send?

Faulting application freefilesync.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module freefilesync.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x003d7b67.

Faulting application drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x0001295d.

problazer

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

I'm using 1.18, on XP. I have 1gb of Ram and a 2.4 single core processor. I was transfering data from a file server on my network to an external harddrive attached to my workstation. The total size of all the files was 150gb and there were a lot of files not sure exactly how many at least a few thousand. The errors I found in the event viewer are in the original post.

What I did to work around the problem was to sync the directories from my file server seperatly instead of all at once. By that I mean I went through and added a directory then synced it then I added the next directory then synced it and so on...

What I was doing when the error occured was I had added all the directories and tried to sync them all at once.

Seems to be working ok now, I'm guessing thats cause I'm not syncing a large number of files.
Site Admin

Zenju

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

I'm using 1.18, on XP. I have 1gb of Ram and a 2.4 single core processor. I was transfering data from a file server on my network to an external harddrive attached to my workstation. The total size of all the files was 150gb and there were a lot of files not sure exactly how many at least a few thousand. The errors I found in the event viewer are in the original post.

What I did to work around the problem was to sync the directories from my file server seperatly instead of all at once. By that I mean I went through and added a directory then synced it then I added the next directory then synced it and so on...

What I was doing when the error occured was I had added all the directories and tried to sync them all at once.

Seems to be working ok now, I'm guessing thats cause I'm not syncing a large number of files.problazer
Is your external hard drive connected via USB? I myself had various issues with USB and copying a lot of data and solved them ultimatively by switching to an external SATA connection (... or by changing the USB port.)

Concerning sync'ing of large files: Basically it's "what you get is what you see". The list you get after comparing is processed row by row and delegated to the Win32-API. So from the tool's point of view there is no big difference between copying many or few files.

-Zenju

problazer

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the software last night and like it so far. However, I've run into a problem with the application throwing and error then haning. I have put the two errors I found from the event viewer below. Doesn't look like they will be able to help to much. What I was doing when the application errored. Well I was syncing files between a network source and a usb hard drive. I was transfering a lot of files, can't give you an actual count. Total size was probably around 150gb. App ran ok for a few hours then errored out.

Here are the errors from the event viewer. Is there an error log the application produces that I can send?

Faulting application freefilesync.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module freefilesync.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x003d7b67.

Faulting application drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x0001295d.problazer
got another error again today. This time I was just syncing a handful of files. yes my external hardrive is a usb 2.0 device. I have pasted the errors below from the event viewer. I'm still running version 1.18 but I'm thinking of giving 1.19 a try.

Faulting application drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x0001295d.
Site Admin

Zenju

got another error again today. This time I was just syncing a handful of files. yes my external hardrive is a usb 2.0 device. I have pasted the errors below from the event viewer. I'm still running version 1.18 but I'm thinking of giving 1.19 a try.

Faulting application drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x0001295d.problazer
Hi,

unfortunately I can't do anything with the event viewer data. Is this issue reproducible? I also suggest trying v1.19, as it has enhanced error feedback. If there is an issue with FreeFileSync there should be at least some popup showing detailed error information.

Regards, Zenju