1.17 not copying files in /Users (Vista)

Get help for specific problems

pw2

I woke up this morning after having FreeFileSync complete a full backup of my hard drive. It completed successfully.

However, errors popped up for 347 files, mostly concerned with locked files or files in use. The files came from two directories: The "c:\users" directory and the "c:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server" directory.

This concerns me as I need to make full backups of my hard drive in case of disaster. As most know, "c:\users" holds the desktop for each user. That makes it especially important.

Can anyone explain what I can do to get a full backup of these files? I am using version 1.17.

Thank you.
Site Admin

Zenju

I woke up this morning after having FreeFileSync complete a full backup of my hard drive. It completed successfully.

However, errors popped up for 347 files, mostly concerned with locked files or files in use. The files came from two directories: The "c:\users" directory and the "c:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server" directory.

This concerns me as I need to make full backups of my hard drive in case of disaster. As most know, "c:\users" holds the desktop for each user. That makes it especially important.

Can anyone explain what I can do to get a full backup of these files? I am using version 1.17.

Thank you.pw2
A solution using Volume Shadow Copy Service is being prepared for v1.20!

- Zenju
Site Admin

Zenju

Implementation for Volume Shadow Copy finished.

Locked files can now be copied with ease in XP/Vista/Seven :)

-Zenju