FreeFileSync not finding new files

Get help for specific problems

Suburban

Sometimes FreeFilesSync does not find new files that I know are in the source folder. Can I refresh somehow, and force the program to scan over again?

Plerry

In the FFS GUI, simply press Compare.

Suburban

That doesn't do anything different. It's still not finding anything different between the two folders, even though I know there are new files in the source folder that aren't in the destination folder.

xCSxXenon

Post some screenshots showing the FFS Window after running a compare and showing the contents in the source along with where they should be on the destination. It is likely that your paths are wrongs or something else is broken with your configuration

travelgalcindy

I have the exact same problem. It's like it's ignoring everything new.

xCSxXenon

Post some screenshots showing the FFS Window after running a compare and showing the contents in the source along with where they should be on the destination. It is likely that your paths are wrong or something else is broken with your configuration xCSxXenon, 05 Mar 2023, 15:19

travelgalcindy

Just figured out that it is syncing them, it just isn't showing me that on the screen. They all seem to be there, they just don't show up at all on the menus. It's weird, but it's got the new files as well as the changed ones and I'm headed out of the country for a bit, so will look at more when I return.

xCSxXenon

Just figured out that it is syncing them, it just isn't showing me that on the screen. They all seem to be there, they just don't show up at all on the menus. It's weird, but it's got the new files as well as the changed ones and I'm headed out of the country for a bit, so will look at more when I return. travelgalcindy, 04 Apr 2023, 19:06
You need to change your comparison view settings. After running a compare, there will be boxes below to show/hide different categories of actions