Sync stops with errors: "E:\SOFTWARE\Recyclebin~142c.ffs_tmp\folder"

Get help for specific problems

kRel

"E:\SOFTWARE\Recyclebin~142c.ffs_tmp\Backup-Sync-DiskImages"
Please note the exact path and the exact name of the (***.ffs_tmp)

FFS v12.1 - 64Bit - 2023-02-21 - Donate Version

I had already talked about this problem a couple of weeks ago, and I was advised to exclude RecycleBin through filters.
This explanation, for numerous subsequent events that have never happened in the 4/5 years that I have been using FFS, did not convince me as explained at the end of the post, so please excuse me but I would like to go back to the topic to understand if there is is a definitive solution and possibly know the detail of it.

The problem is recurring. I don't know exactly when it started, but - up to about six months ago I never had it. I don't remember ever changing the initial configuration of FFS except for some filter added a couple of weeks ago for RecycleBin, recommended in reply to my previous post.

The current setup of FFS is to mirror a series of folders from disk C to disk D and - later - from disk D to disk E. The disks are all local.

Since first using FFS, I have excluded system folders and some User folders which normally have locked files.

After a successful scan, sync sometimes stops with the reason:
"Failed to read file attributes" - "E:\SOFTWARE\Recyclebin~142c.ffs_tmp\Backup-Sync-DiskImages"
"Temporary access error: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND: The specified file cannot be found. [GetFileAttributes]"
I tried to deal with this problem by adding from time to time - after the error pop-up is displayed - the *RecycleBin* filter for each pair of folders, but - on closer inspection - the path to the RecycleBin displayed by the pop-up ("E:\SOFTWARE\Recyclebin~142c.ffs_tmp\ . . . ) is different from the standard path to the Recycle Bin which is: D:\$RECYCLE.BIN or E:\$RECYCLE.BIN.

Recyclebin~142c.ffs_tmp appears to be a FFS file. . .

Upon request, I can post the .ffs.gui file. I hope I made myself clear

Plerry

Zenju explained the use of the Recyclebin...ffs_tmp folder here.
Most likely cause for your problem seems to be multiple instances of FFS running at the same time or early termination of an FFS instance.

kRel

Zenju explained the use of the Recyclebin...ffs_tmp folder here.
Most likely cause for your problem seems to be multiple instances of FFS running at the same time or early termination of an FFS instance. Plerry, 17 Mar 2023, 12:15
Thanks for the info, sorry for the double post: days after my first question I forgot I already asked.

I confirm that I have never started multiple instances of FFS running at the same time, nor have I ever closed the FFS instance prematurely. After all, I would have no reason to carry out these two operations, and it would also be stupid to terminate a synchronization in advance. . .

Since the problem reoccurs, I've appended one more request to my original post in response to Zenju. I will continue there....