HELP!!!

Get help for specific problems

Plerry

Amen

xCSxXenon

Mirrors do not delete things. Part of the image is replaced with a newer image but the background is not deleted. Look in a mirror and you will see that the rest of the room is still there. majex45, 01 Apr 2023, 21:02
Sure, but the 'room' in this analogy are your thousands of files on the target that don't exist on the source. You brought a mirror into a room containing just a lamp and expected the reflection to show a fully furnished room plus your lamp.
it is a little indistinct on the soundtrack and could be emphasised a little more
Do you also need the back of the pasta noodles to tell you in bold writing to turn your stove off so you don't burn your house down?

You're flat-out wrong in every way you have tried to muster. FFS has 'update' which does exactly what you want. If you consider following basic instructions smug, I guess we are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

majex45

Mirrors do not delete things. Part of the image is replaced with a newer image but the background is not deleted. Look in a mirror and you will see that the rest of the room is still there. majex45, 01 Apr 2023, 21:02
Sure (AS IN YES YOU ARE CORRECT), but the 'room' in this analogy are your thousands of files on the target that don't exist on the source. You brought a mirror into a room containing just a lamp and expected the reflection to show a fully furnished room plus your lamp.

No. The room in my analogy is the hard drive, the thousands of files are the furniture and curtains etc. These do not exist on me so I cannot see them on me when I enter the image in the mirror, However I can see them around my image when I look in the morror. They have not been deleted, only those parts that have been covered by the new information (ie me). As for the lamp bit. I did not try to add the lamp to an empty room, I wanted to add the lamp to the existing room, the room existed before the addition and I wanted it to continue to exist after adding the lamp. If I bring a lamp into the room then the reflection contains all the room (furniture, curtains etc) PLUS the lamp and me.
it is a little indistinct on the soundtrack and could be emphasised a little more
Do you also need the back of the pasta noodles to tell you in bold writing to turn your stove off so you don't burn your house down?
No, my partial deafness means I cannot hear the soundtrack distinctly, particularly through the small, tinny, speakers in my laptop. I missed the word "delete".

You're flat-out wrong in every way you have tried to muster. FFS has 'update' which does exactly what you want. If you consider following basic instructions smug, I guess we are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ xCSxXenon, 02 Apr 2023, 14:14
If UPDATE is the ususal method of operation then why does the basic instructions tutorial only mention Mirror and never mention one way update? I tried to follow basic instructions but the tutorial only mentioned one way mirror not one way update. I reiterate, if even one person (and it is at least two) have had this problem then a quick revision would stop it happening again, please think of those less blessed with IT skills, and failing faculties. We oldies should be allowed to take part in life as well as the young.

majex45

Anyway, it is obvious that almost none of you wish to help me but remain happy in your smugness "look at what the roob did!" I know I did not do things correctly according to the program parameters (or I would not have deleted my data) as I am not a techie and mistook the meaning of MIRROR in this context, but no one on this forum has even tried to see the problem from another's perspective. I despair if anyone else asks for help or advice, leave now and don't come back. I bid you all farewell and hope you never need to ask for advice from anyone with the same attitude.
Farewell cruel people.
UNSUBSCRIBE.

xCSxXenon

You oldies had a life of deciding how everything ran and having everything spoon-fed to you. Now you lack the ability to comprehend 30 seconds of basic information and have the gall to guilt others for your own shortfalls. If you 'unsubscribe', stop coming back
Last edited by xCSxXenon on 04 Oct 2023, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

Menel

FreeFileSync did show a warning, which you apparently missed:
The following folders are significantly different. Please check that the correct folders are selected for synchronization.
The warning is triggered when more than 50% of items will be created or deleted. Zenju, 22 Mar 2023, 14:08
Does this trigger and break a batch job initialized by schedule crontab?
Is there a way to setup such a trigger to fail the batch? If say the sync is larger than 50%, or 20% or 100gb?