Undo a Mirror sync?

Discuss new features and functions

seminara

Hello, I inadvertently mirrored, when I meant to update.

Is it possible to undo this? I'm guessing not.

xCSxXenon

No

seminara

Bugger! :D

Plerry

If you used Recycle-bin or Versioning as your Delete Files method, you should still be able to recover your files. If you used the Permanent method, you are at a loss.

Yet again the lesson:
For new syncs, after running a Compare, always check if the proposed actions meet your expectations before running the actual sync.

seminara

Hi Plerry, thanks for your feedback. I'm pretty new to FileSync. Is there a manual or other guide that helps describe setting up the Delete File method?

Edit: I found the settings, and it was set to Delete files to the Recycle bin. Will the files in the Recycle bin be over written if I perform another sync? Or are deleted files simply added to the previous lot?

Plerry

Don't know, so better recover from the recycle before running another sync ...
Or doing anything else on your PC ...

seminara

Sadly, I ran another sync after receiving xCSxXenon's reply of 'No'. Not helpful as it turned out to be an incorrect bit of advice. I may have well been able to save my data if not for that!

Plerry

Obviously, you can still check if the lost data is still there; in whole or in part.

seminara

@Plerry, I did thanks, sadly not there. They were about 8 videos adding up to about 12Gig. Either they were over written, or the size prohibited their saving? Anyway, I won't make this mistake a second time.

xCSxXenon

Sadly, I ran another sync after receiving xCSxXenon's reply of 'No'. Not helpful as it turned out to be an incorrect bit of advice. I may have well been able to save my data if not for that! seminara, 27 Mar 2023, 11:18
Asked and answered, there is no "reversing" a sync. Recycle Bin is common knowledge. The files aren't in the Recycle Bin because the default file size limit is 1GB, and anything larger gets deleted permanently. FFS doesn't overwrite data in the Recycle Bin, but the Bin has its own rules and limits.

seminara

As I'm new to FileSync, nothing is common knowledge. That's why people join forums when they require assistance. Plerry helped me to learn about the trash bin, your fuller reply has informed me of a file size limit. Sadly the files are lost, but at least now I know what to do going forward.