Consolidation file/folder

Get help for specific problems

Alex55

Dear support Team,‎
Thanks for this great tool which iam interesting on it, but I would like to ask,‎
At Consolidation, or any other way can I Consolidation some files/folders to one when they have the ‎same name, e.g.‎
‎1.‎ Source: Folder 1 and Folder 2, each folder has 100 files the name is from 1-100 can I have the ‎Target Folder 3, the file 1 is existing 2 times in folder 1 and in folder 2 but the content of both ‎files different, can I consolidation both in one Files 1 has 100 updated with new content. e.g.:‎
a.‎ folder 1 has file name (file 1) has content (1,2,3)‎
b.‎ folder 2 has file name (file 1) has the content (4,5,6)‎
‎2.‎ Target: I should have Target folder 3 and has the file name (file 1) has the content (1,2,3,4,5,6)‎

Exampl 2:‎
‎3.‎ Source: Folder 1 and Folder 2, each folder has 100 files the name is from 1-100 can I have the ‎Target Folder 3, the file 1 is existing 2 times in folder 1 and in folder 2 but the content of both ‎files different, can I consolidation both in one Files 1 has 100 updated with new content. e.g.:‎
c.‎ folder 1 has file name (file 1) has content (1,2,3,4)‎
d.‎ folder 2 has file name (file 1) has the content (1,2,4,5,6)‎
‎4.‎ Target: I should have Target folder 3 and has the file name (file 1) has the content (1,2,3,4,5,6)‎

Is this possible?‎

Thanks for your feedback,‎
Alex

Plerry

1) and 2)
Not possible. FreefIleSync (FFS) can not merge files.
But even batch/script files could only do that if the file-content would be plain text or plain text based.

3) and 4)
Also not possible. And even harder than a plain merge, as the overlap between file-content would need to be determined before merging in a smart way.

Alex55

Thank you so much for your reply.‎
As I have only text files in all folders this is good news and hope thats will be working. I am trying to find out first ‎how to do the Batch Script files, or find some one to do it.
Then will be back to you.‎

Thanks
Alex

Plerry

> As I have only text files in all folders this is good news and hope thats will be working.

I answered that FFS can/does NOT do what you describe.
Even not when the files involved are plain text files.

The script/batch file I am referring to, would be a self created cmd/com, PowerShell, Basic or whatever other script; not a FFS *.ffs_batch file.
An FFS batch file is "just" an FFS sync configuration (like a *.ffs_gui file) that can run without the FFS GUI.