Switch from Free Edition to Donation Edition

Get help for specific problems

Ciarals

Hello. Yesterday I downloaded and installed the Free Edition, I liked it and decided to make a donation to get the Donation Edition. Now I would like to know what are the best passages on macOS to switch from Free to Donation Edition. Should I uninstall the Free Edition first or will the Donation Edition upgrade automatically the installed Free Edition? I've searched the forums and the guides and couldn't find this hint. I just want to make things right :-) Thank you for letting me know!

Plerry

There is no need to uninstall your previous edition.

Ciarals

Thank you for your reply. One last question: when new versions will be released, the link that I've received by mail (the one beginning with https://freefilesync.org/thank-you.php?tx=) will always be valid and will be updated with the new release version to download?

Plerry

> One last question: ... will always be valid and will be updated with the new release version to download?

Yep!
But note: the donation link-page will always provide the latest FFS version; there is no "archive" of previous donation versions available. So, if you feel you ever may have the need to revert to a previous donation version, you need to create your own archive of donation versions.

Ciarals

Got it, thank you! And the update process is always like what I did when I installed the Donation over the Free edition, correct? I mean, every installation file will always overwrite the previous version of the app, correct?

Plerry

Yep

Ciarals

Thank you! :-)

markabx

Hello

I have used your amazing sync software for ages. I would like to give you a donation, but I just need to ask one question.
Is the donation a once-off amount or does the software deactivate the Donation Version after a period of time?

Thank you.

Mark

Plerry

> Is the donation a once-off amount or does the software deactivate the Donation Version after a period of time?

In the past, your donation would expire after a time depending on the amount you donated.
This did not mean your software would deactivate; it would continue to work indefinitely, but you were not entitled to post expiration-date updates.
Nowadays, your donation is a one-time donation that will not expire. As donator, you are and remain entitled to present and future updates.

markabx

Hi Plerry

Thank you very much for the quick response. I have used your free software for years, and would be happy to give you 30 euros for your hard work. Thank you again for such an amazing piece of software.

I do not need more than the free version, but I just wanted to say thank you.

Kindest Regards

Mark

Plerry

> ... I have used your free software ...

Zenju is the sole author, so I am redirecting your appreciation towards him (or is it her?).
I am just a (meanwhile a bit experienced) enthusiastic user of the program.

markabx

Thanks Plerry.