RealTimeSync.Exe

Get help for specific problems

srjones67

Is there some kind of help doc on this?
Site Admin

Zenju

Is there some kind of help doc on this?srjones67
Well, no ;) But usage is quite simple as explained in the description on RealtimeSync's main dialog.

-Zenju

srjones67

OK. I see how to do this with command line. How does silent mode get set? And it is confusing, why do I have to set the compare directories in the batch file that I will run at the command line and the RealTimeSync Interface?

srjones67

Oh. And the delay. Is it in Minutes?

srjones67

Found Silent. Just wondering on the delay and why do I have to set the compare directories in the batch file that I will run at the command line and the RealTimeSync Interface?
Site Admin

Zenju

Oh. And the delay. Is it in Minutes?srjones67
> Oh. And the delay. Is it in Minutes?
No, it's in seconds. I'll enhance the description for the next version.

-Zenju
Site Admin

Zenju

Found Silent. Just wondering on the delay and why do I have to set the compare directories in the batch file that I will run at the command line and the RealTimeSync Interface?srjones67
> why do I have to set the compare directories in the batch file that I will run at the command line and the RealTimeSync Interface

If you simply load a *.ffs_batch file the directories are set automatically.

However I decided to allow changing the directories independently in order to completely decouple this tool from the synchronization process:

Thous the user is able to specify some directories to watch and a commandline to execute, which could for example be a notification being displayed if files within these directories change or whatever. This offers a much broader range of applications than restricted to a pure sync-utility.

-Zenju

pierreza

Is it possible to set the delay time from the command line?
Site Admin

Zenju

No, all configuration data is passed by a *.ffs_real file (or implicitly via
*.ffs_batch)