Stuck on volume Shadow Copy

Get help for specific problems

DoubleD

I've been using FFS for years with task scheduler to back up at night without a proble but all of a sudden, the backup is getting stuck at the beginning on "creating a volume shadow copy". I can leave it running all day but it never gets past that point I've tried reinstalling the software with no results. Can anyone tell me how to fix?

drlange

I have the same problem - FFS runs without any error and is trying to make a shadow copy until I stop it. All time before all backup jobs run without problems.
Has anyone an idea?

xCSxXenon

Does reverting to a previous FFS version fix this issue consistently?

drlange

no, the problem occured with old version 11.7.0 I used a long time without problems - also with new version 13.4.0 the problem exists. I think that FFS has a problem with something concerned on windows 11 - last week still everything was working correct... I thought probably DoubleD had a tip or solution that helped him in july...

xCSxXenon

Are you suspecting an issue with Windows 11 because it worked perfectly fine on Windows 10 and stopped working as soon as you used Windows 11? Or are you just throwing noodles at the wall?

drlange

FFS worked with win11 until last week without problems and because of no changes of FFS I think that it must be something wrong on interaction of FFS with volume shadows copying in win11 on my system (or a general problem with VSS in Win11).

xCSxXenon

It seems most correct that it isn't an issue with FFS then.
or a general problem with VSS in Win11
It is more likely a problem with your Windows 11 installation. Run an in-place upgrade / repair install and see what happens