Request: Filter and Compare in one go

Discuss new features and functions

gumbo

Hi,
I have a simple request. It's not a new feature request but just for ease of use.
After adjusting the Filter settings (F7) the next step I usually do is Compare (F5) which takes another click or F5 to start.

Is it possible to add an extra button to the Filter dialog that starts the Comparison automatically after finishing Filter settings?
Someting like an extra 'Ok and Compare' button.

Plerry

If you first run a Compare, and then narrow down the scope of the sync, there is no need to run a new Compare. Therefore:
• If you add items to the Exclude Filter (e.g. via a right mouse click), those added exclusions are active instantly; no need to run a new Compare.
• Similarly, if you limit the Include Filter (e.g. via a right mouse click), (further) limiting the scope of the sync, those limited inclusions are active instantly; again no need to run a new Compare.

However, if you widen the scope of the sync, by adding items to the Include Filter that were previously not in the scope of the Include Filter, or by deleting items from the Exclude Filter, you need to run a new Compare.

gumbo

Perhaps in those cases where Compare is necessary (by widening the scope and I guess FFS already figured out that the scope is widened) then activate the extra button or else leave it deactivated (when the scope is not widened).