Suggestions (mostly for remembering settings)

Discuss new features and functions

pro

There are a couple of things that I think are missing:

1) Default settings for the Comparison / Filter / Synchronization settings (with an "override job settings" option if needed). Whenever a new job is added or a change needs to be made currently, everything needs to be set up again manually, per job, one at a time.

2) A way to save the (S)FTP credentials. Currently, after setting it up and changing it to another directory, those are forgotten completely.

3) A way to compare by file name only, assuming that could speed things up compared to by name + size.

Plerry

1) The default Include and Exclude Filter entries are stored in your GlobalSettings.xml file.
For its location see here.
With all FFS instances closed, identify the <DefaultFilter> section, and change according to your preference.
any FFS New sync configuration will adopt those defaults, and can be changed before saving the configuration.

2) FFS is no password manager.
At least Windows has a built-in tool you can use for that purpose, the Credential Manager.
This works perfectly in combination with FFS and works at network resource-level, not at folder level.
I am not very familiar with MAC or Linux, but I guess for those there are similar tools available.

3) As long as you do not compare by file content, comparing by file name+size will be essentially equally fast as comparing by file name only.

pro

Thanks for the response! Only regarding the first point, there is no global setting for the number of threads per location, the comparison variant, the retries, or the like.

The file, however, made me realize that (S)FTPs are saved in the History (it didn't show up in there before, at least at the moment of checking earlier). I wouldn't have expected it to save with password per se (it actually does), but my issue was having to re-enter truly all the credentials (host, username, etc) all over again, unlike with Google Drives. But with it being saved in the history, that makes for a solution regarding that.

Plerry

Obviously, you can also define a "template" FFS sync configuration (with all settings as preferred), and then save that configuration as a *.ffs_gui or *.ffs_batch file.

Instead of starting a New FFS sync configuration, you can now open the saved "template" sync configuration, modify it where necessary, and then save it under a new name (using the Save as option).
This newly saved configuration will "inherit" all unmodified settings of the "template" configuration.
The only properties not "inherited" from the "template" sync configuration are the save options (in the red rectangles) when saving saving as a *.ffs_batch file.
Those you need to checkmark according to need ever time you do a Save As.

pro

Sure, but then if a change needs to be made in those "default" settings, it either will need to be done one file at a time or using different (multi-file editing) software. Having it within FFS would save loads of troubles and not require different third party software on top.