Font files/folder not showing up to sync-transfer

Get help for specific problems

spirit3soul

I have FFS donation edition v13 in windows 10. I copied my desktop fonts to sync/transfer to my laptop on a USB. When I browse to add USB relative path, it shows the USB but no font files, and, when I go to add 2nd column relative path windows/fonts, it doesn't even show the font folder to choose/add. Of course, All these show up in file explorer. Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Site Admin

Zenju

This is a Windows bug: The fonts folder is not shown in the folder picker, because it is incorrectly considered a "file". This is somehow related to the fact that the folder has "system" and "readonly" attributes.
Unlike Explorer, FreeFileSync only lists folders by using the FOS_PICKFOLDERS flag.

therube

This is a Windows bug: The fonts folder is not shown in the folder picker
Interesting.

Though you can manually type/paste the wanted locations into FFS, e:\windows\fonts (or %SystemRoot%\Fonts), or whatever it may be.

(You may get a warning about writing a .ffs_lock file, but it appears Ignoring that should work.)

spirit3soul

Thanks - I thought I was going crazy. So I just copied and pasted and ignored the duplicates and that worked fine (not great for actual sync though). I tried sync toy too, and that wasn't exactly what I wanted either.