Two way sync - Sync error or not?

Get help for specific problems

Nova_Max

Hello,

I use two way sync to synchronize between my local drive and google drive.
A few days ago I noticed that some files were missing. I was able to restore them from the google drive trash but I am trying to figure out what happened.
Looking through the FFS logs I found an entry when the files were moved to the trash on the google drive.
This means that they were deleted on the local drive first and that was synced to the google drive.
Does this mean a sync error is impossible?
Some of the deleted files were complete folders in the top directory but others were pretty random so it is unlikely that I deleted them on accident.
I have run a virus scan but that came up empty. Any ideas what else I could check?

- Max

xCSxXenon

I've been for a while, and while FFS has had some small bugs, it has never been the root cause of data loss. I wouldn't look into FFS at this time. You are correct, the source data would have to be deleted for FFS to copy those deletion to GDrive. I know you restored from GDrive trash, but did you look in your local Recycle Bin for the deleted copies from the local folder? It's kind of a hard thing to track down, whatever deleted the data initially, but keep an eye on it. And remember your backups!

Nova_Max

Thanks for the confirmation, thats what I suspected.
I did check the local recycle bin first and the files were not there. I have enabled drive auditing now so if it happens again I know what caused it. For now I'll do offline backups more often until I know what's going on.