Deleted Files are not moved into Trash

Get help for specific problems

diwa_

Hi,

I was running a file sync from one Windows PC to another.
At the target PC, there have been some files, which should have been deleted during the sync, and which are written into the RecycleBin~9sf9.ffs_temp folder.
As I understood, the content of this folder should have been moved into the trash, but this did not happen.

I can see and browse this folder and view the files and folders inside.
But I'm not able to access (open or copy) this files.
Since I need to get one of the files back, I would like to know what I can do now...

Thanks

Dirk
Last edited by diwa_ on 29 Sep 2023, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.

diwa_

The owner of the folders within the ffs_temp folder is the same as for the origin folders,
but the properties for the files could not be shown, because I (as Admin on that system) do not have read permission - and I'm not able to change this.

xCSxXenon

I don't think files deleted from a network share go to any Recycle Bin, thus can't be restore that way.
https://superuser.com/questions/1528242/where-do-deleted-files-on-a-network-go
The "RecycleBin~9sf9.ffs_temp" folder doesn't seem correct either. I didn't think FFS used its own 'Recycle Bin'. It deletes the same way the DEL key does from what I know. Zenju may need to chime in to confirm behavior

diwa_

The Folder, where the files are removed from is a lokal one, the source folder is on a network share.
I do think, the files should go to recycle bin, because I did the same with a diferent source and destination (on the same 2 computers) - and all the removed files from this folder went to recycle bin...

I assume, somthing prement FFS from finishing the job and that's why the temp folder is still there containing the files to be deleted (to be moved to recycle bin).

I that's why I hope, that there will be a way of making the files accessible...

xCSxXenon

You may be correct then, but your OP stated that the files were deleted by FFS on the target PC, I assumed that meant remote location.
At the target PC, there have been some files, which should have been deleted during the sync, and which are written into the RecycleBin~9sf9.ffs_temp folder.

diwa_

I just saw, that not all files and folders listed at the log are found at the RecycleBin~9sf9.ffs_temp.
Some are just missing, since they are also not at the systems recycle bin - and this sounds very strange for me...