Split 1 big drive to 2 smaller ones

Discuss new features and functions

Paladyn

Drive 1 is 16 gb. Drives 2 and 3 are 10 gb each. I set up a folder pair with a custom include filter for drive 2 as include "A, B, C". Drive 3 has a custom include filter of "D, E, F". Nothing in the excludes except system information and recycle bin. If I add a folder to drive 1 called "G" then it gets copied; I do not want it copied. How do I manage this?

Plerry

I suppose your A, B and C and your D, E and F and your new G are (mutually exclusive) folders on drive 1.
If your include filter only comprises A, B and C, respectively D, E and F, your new folder G should not be part of any of your two syncs.
However, if you did not delete the default Include Filter entry "*" (=everything), everything will be included (so also G), and not just A, B and C, respectively D, E and F.

Paladyn

My apologies for not being more specific. You are right, A, B, C, D, E, F, and G are all on drive 1. A, B, and C should go to drive 2 and D, E, and F to drive 3. Oddly, though, G (from drive 1) gets copied to drive 2. The default include filters were overwritten.

xCSxXenon

Can you post a screen shot of the filter settings and main FFS window showing the folder pairs?
Use "Editor & Preview" below the text box

Paladyn

I took the time to recreate my filters and it works now. No idea what was different; I foolishly forgot to save the 'before' XML file to compare to the new. Thanks to all for responding.