In MacOS package files are treated like folders

Discuss new features and functions

titust1

Hi, I'm new to FFS for Mac. Before making a donation I want to see if it fulfills all my needs.
I noticed something that bothers me. This issue is specific to MacOS.
In MacOS, package files (like .app. .library, etc.) are treated by FFS like folders containing other subfolders and files. In MacOS an .app file is a package file containing all app files. It's similar to a zip file containing other files and folders. I find useless and cumbersome for FFS to explode a package file in hundreds of files.
For example if I backup an imovie_library file I want to be treated as one single file. There is no need to explode the library in dozens of subfolders and hundreds of files. Treating the package files as single files it would as well speed up the process of comparison.... and synchronization.
This is similar to backing up a zip file. Instead of backing up the zip file itself, FFS extracts the zip file content and backs up all files separately. Much more work...
Is there a way to change that? Or at least is it possible to have an option to enable/disable this feature?

xCSxXenon

Packages are not like zip files, they are like folders. FFS can't copy a .app file directly because they are not files, they are directories. The Photo and iMovie libraries are similar, they are just folders containing other things. The only way for FFS to treat them as single files, is if it actually zipped them up first, which would be waaaay slower. Copying these "files" in macOS directly is simply copying 'expanding" the individual files inside as well

titust1

Thanks, I understand now. In this case, I guess all folder synchronization apps are working in the same way