Update Source to Target, Then Manually Cut Or Move all in Target to Save Folder

Discuss new features and functions

anhengineering

I need to sync folder from work computer to Cloud Drive using Update variant.
Then at home, I'd like to move all files and folders in Target (in my cloud drive) to Saved Folder in my computer.
At the same time, I just want new files and folder in Source (at work) to be "Update-Copied" to my Target (in my cloud drive).
So every time I make changes with files and folder in Source, I'd like to have only Changed Files and Folders to be copied to my Target.
Then at home I only move again the changed file to my Save Folder in my computer (copy and replaced).
This way, I don't have to copy and replace the whole things every time.
How could we do that please help?
Last edited by anhengineering on 18 Nov 2023, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

Plerry

FreeFileSync (FFS) is a sync tool, essentially making the content of your left and right base-location(s) identical (except for for excluded files/folders) by copying or updating files.
FFS does not move files (there is a very specific exception, which is not relevant here)

anhengineering

Hi thank you for your response.
I moved (cut & paste) manually by myself.
Just wish after that FreeFileSync just sync only the changing file in the future when I edit it in my office.
In this way, I would update my job by using cloud like onedrive to cut and paste those latest changed files & folders to my folder.
If I move (cut & paste) all my files & folder in my "Target", then it has to sync the whole thing.
I could do like this with Kaliro Mirror before, but it's not working any more due to windows 11 update.

xCSxXenon

You can't move your files if you want to do this. You need to leave them in the cloud drive. Why not just set up two-way syncs?
- Work computer <> Cloud drive
- Home computer <> Cloud drive
Then any changes made on either computer get synced to the other. You will probably want to get RTS running to automate this. And if you use OneDrive, you could just skip FFS entirely and work directly out of the OneDrive folder. Use the same Microsoft account on each computer and everything will sync automatically

anhengineering

I'd like it to work this way as a fail safe method. I have structural designs in construction job.
The work computer have a shared network drive which saved all on going jobs. That I don't want my work at home to mess up the public share folders. For example I made mistake at home, but realize it on the way to work, then I don't manually copy and replaced it in my work computer. Besides that, I could save my bad design in an archive folder of that job, and the folder job still automatically download the latest version from the work computer.
M = My computer
W = Work computer
O = Onedrive
1. W update => O update => At the end of the day (home) I cut all file and folders job to M (replaced as necessary to M).
2. M update => O not update until I copy to => At work, check that job perfect, then copy & replace to W.
3. Daily back home: cut all in O => Save & replaced M (copy the bad one in M to archive if necessary). If W have new updates => FFileSync copy only changed files & folders to O => At that time @home check and see, repeat step 1.
This way I don't always have two copy of W at the same time (1 for My Computer, and 1 for Onedrive). Plus, if my teammate changed or download new documents to that job (for example), I would know which is new download or edited.

Kaliro Mirror before works perfectly but no more. Wish that someone could update this function.
Thank you.