Is there a way to cancel a Stop order and resume a sync session?

Get help for specific problems

pschroeter

A few days ago I had made a lot of changes in my photo collection so I had an unusually long sync running. I came back after a while and looked at the progress dialog and at the top it said 100%. I clicked in the lower right to close it, but didn’t realize it still had some housekeeping chores to do and I had clicked Stop instead. I panicked and tried to find a continue or cancel Stop command but never figured out how and in a slight panic just closed the dialog.

Then I restarted the sync and the progress bar sat at 0 forever.

I played around with it a few times and eventually decided I had to create a brand new destination folder. I ran the sync again and nothing happened. I deleted the old sync and created a brand new sync in FreeFileSync and it wouldn’t run. Eventually I went in the Photos folder and found two files FreeFileSync creates that were invisible and when I deleted them, the sync started instantly. I when I closed the progress dialog before it was finished I corrupted those files.

xCSxXenon

There isn't a way to do that. You just have to let it stop on its own, then you can start the sync again. It will resume where it left off so you aren't having to redo all the transferring