Installing donation version

Discuss new features and functions

oberli

I have used FreeFileSync for a few months and really like the program. Fast and easy.
On Oct. 27. I decided to go for the donation version, and made a small donation. Received a link for downloading the donation version, but didn't have time to install it.

Today I found that version 13.2 is available, and downloaded the donation version (zip file). Extracted the files (install file and a registry file). When trying to run the install file, it says that the file is corrupted.
Is there an install / upgrade description for the donation vesion? What to do with the registry file? Need to un-install the free vesion before installing the donation version?
Thanks!
-O

xCSxXenon

It should have extracted an .exe file and a .key file. Not sure where you are getting a registry file

therube

Make sure you actually unpack the ZIP to a place you have access to.
(As in, do not run the setup.exe directly from "within" the ZIP.)
(There should be both the installer.exe & the .key file.)

Test the ZIP to see if makes mention of any errors.
(I assume ? Windows can do that, but don't really know.)

Download the ZIP again, & compare (hash or content) against the first download.

oberli

Thanks for the responses. Have installed it now!
Seems like the unzip-process may have caused the problem. The failing setup (.exe) was around 15k and gave an error message when I tried to run it. The working .exe was around 19k. Is it correct that the .key file was (automatically) used by the setup program?