Disable auto-update option

Discuss new features and functions

hqqddy

Is there an option to change auto-update for manual checking? I hate when I can't control my software.

xCSxXenon

That option seems to be missing from the current version. I feel like I remember the option being there previously

Blend2

Are there any plans to reintegrate this option?

Synchronizator

[...]
I hate when I can't control my software. hqqddy, 30 Nov 2023, 09:26
Me too

xCSxXenon

Looks like the only current option is to block it in your firewall

hqqddy

Looks like the only current option is to block it in your firewall xCSxXenon, 14 Jan 2024, 15:41
Well it is not a good option to me. To clear my point of view I am a donating user. I am just like when software (developer) respect my need. As well as developer awaiting from users the same way.

Blend2

Looks like the only current option is to block it in your firewall xCSxXenon, 14 Jan 2024, 15:41
Well it is not a good option to me. To clear my point of view I am a donating user. I am just like when software (developer) respect my need. As well as developer awaiting from users the same way. hqqddy, 14 Jan 2024, 18:24
I support the statement by "hqqddy". I am also a paying user and do not want to see these messages! Please give us the option to deactivate them again.

crash

I second this.
I need an app without any unattended network connection.

Darth Agnon

I have noticed FreeFileSync automatically attempting to check for updates in the menubar and via an annoying popup. I wish I could disable all update checks, as they are annoying and unsightly. When I want to update, I check back here on the website periodically, but no features I use have been added in ages, and the flat comparison view I used was removed a few versions ago.

* FreeFileSync <version unknown> * and ERROR_INTERNET_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED are not very pretty or useful. I know the version I'm using is outdated, I know I firewalled it to block internet access, please do not remind me.