FreFileSync on Mac 'hangs' on Stop requested

Get help for specific problems

mericson

After clicking Stop the dialog shows "Stop requested... 0%" and shows it had processed 0 bytes (I clicked stop rather quickly) and that it is in the middle of "Creating file" on destination app was hung in that state for approximately 10 minutes.

When the app finally became responsive it showed an Error and a list of files that failed to write, even after I clicked STOP. There are dozens of "ENOENT: No such file or directory" errors.

I think what happened was a directory was renamed after compare which resulted in errors. But why should FreeFileSync take 10 minutes to become responsive after clicking STOP ?

mericson

I think I have more information... even without the error of a renamed folder, I experienced the same issue when I attempted to stop the same synchronization job.

I think the root cause is the source of synchronization is a OneDrive folder and the files are being 'just in time' downloaded by OneDrive as they are opened by FreeFileSync. And, when I click stop FreeFileSync is blocked waiting on OneDrive.

In this second scenario when I "Stop" it still takes about 10 minutes before FreeFileSync is responsive, and FreeFileSync shows an 'Error' status. There just aren't any errors in the list this time.

RXT1956

On my MAC I'm consistently getting a fatal error trying to install the latest (13.2) update, "failed to copy" error.