Compare folders on 2 drives

Get help for specific problems

Sunbittern

I'm using FreeFileSync for the first time today. I browsed to a folder on F: (internal drive) and to the same folder on G: (in a dock connected by USB cable). The folder on F: was copied to G: using Windows File Explorer quite some time before I installed FreeFileSync. All of the files in this folder are image files, mostly scanned photographs.

When I clicked "Compare" in FreeFileSync selecting either "File time and size" or "File size" in settings, no files show up on the right (G:). When I selected "File content" and clicked "Compare" it found 1424 files that exist only on the left side (F:) and 170 files that are not equal.

I navigated to those folders in Windows File Explorer and checked a couple of files manually. It appears that the 170 files that are not equal are corrupt on G:

But I can find and open some of the 1424 files that FreeFileSync says are missing in G:

Any advice would be appreciated.

Plerry

By default, the FFS Compare results window only shows files for which sync actions (in any form) are required, and hides files it thinks are equal.
If you click the "="-icon mid below the Compare results, you can toggle the visibility of equal files.