Feature Request - temporarily disable one or more folder pairs during a sync

Discuss new features and functions

YYstephens

Feature Request - temporarily disable one or more folder pairs during a sync
Hi,
I have quite a few sync configurations that contain multiple (e.g.8+) folder pairs.
Mostly they are local folders with folders on my NAS.
I'm then able to switch off my NAS saving energy etc.
However I often move files and folders around and then when I eventually do a sync again it can be very confusing as to what files/folders need to be deleted, moved or updated.
However if there was a way to temporarily disable folder pairs for a sync I could work my way through each pair in turn.
Regards,
Stephen

Plerry

> I have quite a few sync configurations that contain multiple (e.g.8+) folder pairs.
> ... if there was a way to temporarily disable folder pairs ...

It seems there are two options:
1) Make sure you have saved your 8+ folder pairs sync-configuration under a self-selected name.
Then open that saved configuration and remove the folder pairs you want to (temporarily) disable by using the "-" (minus) icon in front of such pair.
Just make sure not to save your modified sync configuration afterwards, so you can revert to the initially saved 8+ folder pairs sync configuration for your next sync.
2) Split your sync configuration into multiple (saved) sync configurations, and "compose" your desired sync configuration by dragging/dropping the relevant individual saved sync configurations from the Configurations window into the left-right folder pair window.
Last edited by Plerry on 08 Dec 2023, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

YYstephens

Yes that works, just have to careful :-)

Plerry

If you use scenario 1) above:
Simply make two copies of your sync configuration(s), a "work" version and a "backup" version.
If you inadvertently would overwrite your "work" version, you can restore the correct configuration from your "backup" version.

In scenario 2) there is less/no risk to inadvertently overwrite your sync configurations, as you do not modify those individual sync configs.

YYstephens

Thanks

xCSxXenon

You can also just click the MINUS symbol to remove folder pairs from a sync. Reload the configuration without saving and it will be back to the original

Plerry

You can also just click the MINUS symbol to remove folder pairs from a sync. Reload the configuration without saving and it will be back to the original xCSxXenon, 08 Dec 2023, 18:55
That's what I wrote in item 1) in my initial reply.

untroll

A checkbox to enable or disable the folder pairs should be safer. If you remove pair of folders and "Save by mistake" you'll lose all the original configuration...