installing portable version

Get help for specific problems

al91

Hello
I want to sync two external hard drives lets say E and J.
E is already synched through a standard FFS installed on my computer.
In C:\ I have of course the list of all ffs settings, 20 actually as I sync separately most of the folders.

I have donated to FFS and have access to the portable version 13.2

I have unziped it in drive J and it is not terminated with paf.exe as the much older version 6.2 I have unearthed in my archives. Is that a problem?

When I run it in J and select the open menu, It shows me the settings of the main version as found in C:\.

I was actually hoping that this portable version installed on J would be entitely disconnected from FFS in C:\.
It might mean also that the new settings ffs,gui resulting of the first synchros between E and J might not be saved on J but in C.
Thanks for your help

xCSxXenon

paf.exe is for a utility called "Portable Apps", and you may not have gotten it from here in the first place.

al91

Hello and thanks for helping
Actually I do not remember how or why I loaded this paf.exe file. (in 2016 probably.)
Anyway I have never used it and do not plan of course to use it now.

As said above, my problem is when I open for the first time FFs portable version 13.2 as loaded and installed yesterday in external drive J, is it normal it should refer to settings connected with the standard version installed in C: on my main computer years ago? (this version has updated to 13.2 also of course)

In short, standard version on C has been used to synchronize some folders from C to E and portable version on J is meant to synchronize as a miror the entire content of E to J in the case both external drives are connected on a third party computer which does not have FFS.
I Hope I am clear enough in my explanation.

therube

when I open for the first time FFs portable version 13.2 as loaded and installed yesterday in external drive J, is it normal it should refer to settings connected with the standard version installed in C: on my main computer years ago?
I see where it does happen.
If that is expected, I can only assume it is.

Though should it be expected, hmm ?

al91

I was hoping that FFS portable on external drive J would be entirely independant of standard FFS installed on C.