Remove "sync.ffs_lock"... won't go away [Solved]

Get help for specific problems

hapEcat

After Comparison, the "sync.ffs_lock" screen below, appears, I check the "Don't ask me again" box, but it continues to reappear after the next comparison. These appearances just started ~2wks ago.
It doesn't seem to hurt anything, but what do I do to stop the annoying reappearance?
Dropbox_2024-01-08 09_37_43.png
Dropbox_2024-01-08 09_37_43.png (8.23 KiB) Viewed 4674 times
Last edited by hapEcat on 09 Jan 2024, 23:54, edited 2 times in total.

Plerry

FFS places those files before a comparison and removes them upon closing FFS.
They are there for a reason: see LockDirectoriesDuringSync.
If you set the LockDirectoriesDuringSync flag to false, you won't get those files, but you also run a risk.

hapEcat

If the LockDirectoriesDuringSync flag is set to false, what risk do I run?
And why did this just start showing up in the last couple of weeks?... Puzzling to me, because nothing has changed, except a time frame of ~20-25days (been out of state 2wks, w/computer shut down and left behind), and this started w/Sunday, Jan 7th sync?

I mainly run direct updates, basically folder to folder, Linux /home > D:DATA partition, and D:Data > SD card and > USB flash drive, nothing fancy or automated.

xCSxXenon

This is a Dropbox issue. It should simply respect your decision to not be prompted again. Most cloud providers show this warning the first time(s) you delete files from the cloud provider's folder. Dropbox must have recently added this warning or you haven't deleted it until now. I would reinstall the DropBox client as it isn't working correctly by prompting you even though you said not to

hapEcat

xCSxXenon... Thanks for that explanation.
It was helpful, and I'll try your suggestion, concerning the Dropbox client.

hapEcat

xCSxXenon...
Did as you suggested, reinstalling the Dropbox client.
Now all works as it should.