Long time to compare

Get help for specific problems

victor

I am trying to backup a NAS device to a local computer. The NAS has about 400GB. At this point I am still on the compare process at 1074000 files and it has taken 4 hours and 54 minutes so far. I am trying to do a one way mirror from the NAS and use a Windows cloud backup app on the PC.

The first question is if this is too large for the app?
If not if I run this daily will it take this long to verify files? This is insane as it has not even started the copy process yet.

I was debating robocopy, but liked the idea of your email notification. I just need to make sure this will work in a reasonable time each day.

thanks for the help.

xCSxXenon

Speed depends so much on your hardware and settings. Are you using "File content" as a comparison method? If so, this method takes a lot longer than "file time and size". Robocopy likely won't be any faster, as your bottleneck is probably in the hardware or Windows overhead, neither of which will be changed significantly by using alternative copy methods. Also, from the FAQ:
"For each 1 GB of RAM, FreeFileSync can synchronize roughly 1.7 million file pairs at a time."
So it isn't likely to be a FFS limitation