Sync from Google Drive public link

Get help for specific problems

Servatius

Google Drive allows a folder to be publicly shared by creating a link like this one:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ReIoi1NBYsJjTojWta4FzwfqmnVdxOHE

Anyone can access the folder without the need of an account. No credentials need to be given.

Is it possible to synchronize from such a folder by configuring a FreeFileSync folder pair (mirror or update mode)?
Site Admin

Zenju

Not directly. But when you go to "Shared with me" while logged in with your Google Drive account, then right-click "Organize -> Add to starred", the folder will be accessible from FreeFileSync.

Servatius

For people without Google account, it might be helpful if FFS would implement support for public Google Drive links directly. But for me, it's OK. Thanks a lot for the tip.

Actually, there are two possibilities to access public Google Drive links if you have an account:
- As Zenju described, use "Organize -> Add to starred", then select the starred folder under "Select drive:" in FFS.
- Use "Organize -> Add shortcut", then select "My Drive" under "Select drive:" in FFS, and under "Directory on server:" browse to the shortcut you added to your drive.

When you choose the first method, you will see the name of the original public folder as chosen by the supplier. When you choose the second method, you have the option to rename the shortcut if you want.