E-Mail notification sheduled jobs

Get help for specific problems

w4r1

Hi,

does the Software send E-Mail notification, when im using the task sheduler?
Im using the Business Edition and the E-Mail Notification option is checked in FreeFileSync application, but i dont receive any E-Mail. Where can i find the Log for the mail notification?

Kind Regards
Site Admin

Zenju

Yes, and if there is an error when sending the email it will be logged like any other error in the sync log.

Plerry

> Where can i find the Log for the mail notification?
The default log-file location can be found and modified in the FFS GUI under Tools \ Options.

But be aware:
By default, the Task Scheduler runs tasks as the SYSTEM user, which is a different user than would run the FFS GUI. This can affect many things, like the location of (log-)files, access to local and/or remote files and folders , etc.
You can edit a Scheduled Tasks configuration to run under specific user credentials.

w4r1

Yes, and if there is an error when sending the email it will be logged like any other error in the sync log. Zenju, 26 Jan 2024, 09:50
Thanks for the quick reply.
Of course I checked the log file. It says that the sync was successful. Furthermore, the synced files are displayed. However, no entry for the email notification (successful or failed) is displayed. Is the successful delivery also logged?

What is the SMTP URL? Maybe our firewall is blocking the transmission.

w4r1

> Where can i find the Log for the mail notification?
The default log-file location can be found and modified in the FFS GUI under Tools \ Options.

But be aware:
By default, the Task Scheduler runs tasks as the SYSTEM user, which is a different user than would run the FFS GUI. This can affect many things, like the location of (log-)files, access to local and/or remote files and folders , etc.
You can edit a Scheduled Tasks configuration to run under specific user credentials. Plerry, 26 Jan 2024, 10:22
The log files are available and can be found in the correct directory.
The task scheduler runs with the same user as the GUI.
Site Admin

Zenju

Is the successful delivery also logged? w4r1, 26 Jan 2024, 11:17
Yes! A log item at the end should read either "Sending email notification to %x", or indicate an error.