Move file one at a time with delay?

Discuss new features and functions

Mercador

Hello, I'm currently trying to extract files from an old NAS drive. The NAS drive is fine but the fan with the enclosure died (I've changed it two times already). Now I want to transfer around 2Tb on a portable SSD. Obviously, when I try to do it, the NAS drive gets too hot and it jams. I then have to reboot the NAS and restart the copy. I copy / paste around 100 files so far but it's kind of long, I know I could batch this. What I want is to move only one file at a time, pause for 10 seconds or so and copy the next file until both folders/files are the same. Is there a way to do that with FreeFileSync? Thanks a lot!

Plerry

This is not something FFS can do for you.
It sounds like a task you would need to write your own script for (e.g. CMD-, Shell-, VB- or Python-script).

But I even doubt it will work.
Just spinning a disk already causes it to heat up; reading the disk likely only causes little extra heat.

xCSxXenon

I would just remove the outer casing of the NAS and point a fan at it at this point

Mercador

I would just remove the outer casing of the NAS and point a fan at it at this point xCSxXenon, 02 Feb 2024, 15:06
I think it's what I will do. No way I'm doing 500 drags and drops over the weekend.