Mac/OS X Child folders not being synchronised

Get help for specific problems

Lyonacre

I have just discovered that my backup FFS folders on my NAS are not the same as the original. It seems that the original creation was fine but any sub/child folder added does not get synced.

This is the case regardless of the compare choice, same result, and regardless of filters 0- deleted them all it made no difference.

I was about to donate to FFS because I use it a lot but that was when I thought is was actually synchronising.

I can find lots of post saying FFS is missing sub/child folders but no solutions? Is ther one or do I need to be looking at different software
Site Admin

Zenju

I can find lots of post saying FFS is missing sub/child folders but no solutions? Lyonacre, 09 Feb 2024, 18:11
This is because 100% of these posts are either configuration setup errors, or due to a misunderstanding how this tool works.

Lyonacre

So what is the answer? No filters, no time exclusions, everything selected, child folders not syncing

xCSxXenon

Post screenshots of your configuration(s). Show the locations set in FFS, show the three settings pages, show the results of running a comparison, show the contents in the 'source' that don't exist in the matching location in the 'destination'

I'm a long-time and seasoned user of FFS and I agree that there has yet to be a single case where the symptom you are describing wasn't a configuration or third-party induced issue