RealTime sync closing after sync

Get help for specific problems

rgrayberg

I put RealTime in my startup, which is fine. However, when it makes an update to the mirror drive a dialog box opens. The only option is to close it, which closes RealTime sync and stops the program. I want the program running constantly so I have a real backup of my drive. (I'm syncing one external 8TB to another identical drive using the mirror option in FreeFileSync.) What am I doing wrong? Thanks...

Plerry

Probably, the dialog box is not from RealTimeSync (RTS), but rather from the instance of FreeFileSync (FFS) that was launched by RTS upon detecting one or more changes in the RTS monitored folder(s).
FFS shows that dialog after completing a sync, if you did not checkmark Auto-Close when saving your *.ffs_batch sync configuration.

After FFS ends it sync (automatically or after manually closing said dialog box), RTS will/should start monitoring the specified directories again for new changes.

xCSxXenon

No, it sounds like the OP put the RTS.exe file itself in startup, instead of a .ffs_real configuration file

rgrayberg

I checked startup and verified that the .ffs was in it. But I'm going to check the batch file - I don't think I checked "auto close" as I thought it would shut down the mirroring I wanted. I'll do that. Can I open the current batch file, or do I need to start over with a new one and make a new RTS config file?

xCSxXenon

There are multiple .ffs file types, you need to specify exactly which one you have in your startup folder