How to create an exclusion to the default compare selection.

Get help for specific problems

ineuw

The files in the image above are identical, but are excluded under the rules of date stamp differences, (marked as indeterminate). These files are in a single folder, and I want the indeterminate files to be excluded. How can I implement this?
240223_freefilesync.jpg
240223_freefilesync.jpg (51.59 KiB) Viewed 293 times

augstl

You can manually select for each file by clicking on the side of the bolt symbol which file you want to copy to each side to resolve the conflict or you can exclude them from the compare via filter.

To exclude from the compare you can use glob-like patterns in the red funnel thingy or right clicking each file and selecting "exclude via filter". But using the exclude filter will cause it to not be synched anymore even if one side changes.

I recommend to resolve the conflict manually if possible

ineuw

@augstl Your recommendation is well taken. Thank you.

therube

As the (shown) files are tiny, & if that holds for the entire compare (all files being relatively small), why not change to a Content compare (which on small files should still be speedy).

ineuw

Thanks for your reply. Can I set "compare" only for a single folder? I tried compare for all, but found it slow, but retry it again. Currently I change them manually.