Can’t save configuration after changes

Get help for specific problems

BenThere

System: Apple M1 2020 Mac Mini, Ventura 13.6.3
Yesterday I updated from FFS 13.0 to FFS 13.4 and went to do a backup , FFS was Pig Slow and it never had been before. FFS had changed the Sync settings to "File Content".
I made some changes to the configuration file "*.ffs_gui to put it back to "File time and size and when I went to save them, I got an error that says cannot write file, "*.ffs_gui.####.tmp". I’ll put on the graphic of it on the bottom.
It was an access denied file open error. Only issue is is there’s no file by that name on the system or in memory that I can find even though all files are un-hidden. So I have to close it out without saving it.
If I go back into it and try to save it again, it’ll say the same thing with basically the same file name except the four digits prior to the .tmp Are different. I closed FFS and reopened it to check and it had not saved the setting I made.
Needless to say if I close out of it, nothing gets saved. So I tracked down the file in the directory. It’s the ".ffs _gui" file. I renamed this file and went back into the program changed the configuration again, and tried to save it. Got the same error. I was expecting it to actually create a new file, But instead it refused to save it also, so I had to exit out of the program once again.
However, when I went back into the program just to check and the configuration changes that I made had stayed there although it now had no access to the configuration file, no new configuration file was created and it did not list any configuration file in the side panel. There also is no sync.ffs_db file on the system as I have been mentioned in other posts. I did locate a "MacMiniSyncSettings.ffs_gui file which has not been modified since Oct 2023 and it reflected the same configuration as the original "*.ffs_gui" .
This morning I went back in FFS to check and the new configuration was still active but still no file was indicated in the side panel or found anywhere on my system and the option to save is not available.
At this point I am a bit skeptical of my backups going forward.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 4.06.16 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 4.06.16 PM.png (18.53 KiB) Viewed 206 times
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 3.30.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 3.30.17 PM.png (20.5 KiB) Viewed 206 times

BenThere

UPDATE: Problem Solved - Explanation - New problem

Brain Fart Active: While I had verified that I had permissions to the files "*.ffs_gui", I had not verified permissions to the drive. So checking this I find that system is the only user that has write permissions. Apparently this is not enough for FFS. After adding my user with Read/Write, all appears to be good. Configurations can now be altered and saved. When or why this changed I have not a clue, as it was working fine up until I did the upgrade to FFS. I do not remember If I initially had rights to the drive and it got change on the upgrade or if it used to just work under system rights.

New Problem: Irrational distribution of files and rights noticed after update.
I will add this to another Post, viewtopic.php?t=11107, as it may be remotely related.