how does unchecking a checkbox differ from do nothing?

Get help for specific problems

Tim02130

Every file in the comparison display has a checkbox beside it, which seems to be checked by default. Is unchecking a file the same as selecting "do nothing"? Presumably not, since that would be redundant. So what does it do? Can't seem to find an account in the documentation, and there's no popup help either.

Also, I've got a 100 Gb of files that have the same size but differ by six hours in the modification times; I know I could set a filter to say ignore such differences, but I would rather just update the modification times of all the files on the right so this does not happen every time I sync. Is there any way to do that?

xCSxXenon

1) Basically the same as far as I can tell. Possibly an older layout may have provided a more prominent use case for the checkboxes

2) Can't you just run the sync? Then the modification times would be the same. Or you could use RoboCopy:
viewtopic.php?t=10823
Or if the issue is that the timestamps aren't being updated because the file system or location won't allow it, you would have to switch to 'file content' comparison to avoid them being detected as different. Or if it's different by six hours exactly because of a timezone difference, you can set the "ignore exact time shift" option to six hours