Error Invalid Parameter

Get help for specific problems

mifs

Hello, I have just joined today. as well as donating to this program as it works pretty good.
I have read this "Error Invalid Parameter" issue quite a number of times on the forum, but do not understand how to reply to an issue which has been raised... Anyway...
Firstly The message at the end was "completed with warnings"
Cannot write modification time of "M:JU\-6714.ffs_tmp" ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER: The parameter is incorrect.[SetFileInformationBy Handle(FileBasicinfo) A FAT volume can only store dates from year 1980 to 2099! Modification time 1970-01-01 00:02:24 GMT.

I am seeking assurances that the files mirrored from the PC to the backup drive , which I can open on the target drive and do not appear corrupted, so I am thinking all is fine.
Also what impact will this have on my backup as this date is before I owned a computer.
Any assistance would be appreciated and I am sorry once again that this topic has been posted but I was unable to join that conversation. Kind regards Mifs

xCSxXenon

The timestamp on the original file is probably corrupt/broken and contains a date outside the range that FAT can support. This means copying the file to the FAT location will lose the timestamp and set it to the current date/time, which may result in FFS detecting it as out-of-sync with the source over and over. See if you can modify the timestamp of the original or copy the destination version overwriting the source.
Last edited by xCSxXenon on 07 Mar 2024, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

mifs

Thanks for that.
Now is it just a simple matter of swapping the sides, changing the target to the source and synchronize,
which should then keep the updated time stamp?
Will that work and should I mirror or update it
Kind regards Mifs

mifs

I did what I suggested above and syncronised the warning variant and it has removed the warning exclamation mark, so all good. It took all but 2 minutes
Thanks again for the suggestion
Kind regards
Mifs