Remote file attributes being set to Hidden

Get help for specific problems

DonC

I've now experienced a problem with FreeFileSync setting remote files to HIDDEN. The connection to the remote files is via SFTP and connecting to a Solarwinds MFT Server. The servers on the other end are either Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or 2016 (servers have been upgraded and same problem is happening). The sync works, but then afterwards it is discovered that entire folders or just random files were set to HIDDEN. The files being hidden are random file types, but one that I know is .CFM files. At first I thought it was something else that was doing this on the servers, but since I do not sync the files except every 3-6 months, I noticed that the hidden file issue was correlated to when I did the FreeFileSync operation. I'm now scared to do the file sync without someone else confirming this and then a version that fixes the problem. If you need more specific details, I can try and provide.

therube

Test.
Create a directory named, TEST, copy that .cfm file & some others where the hidden attribute was set (on the SFTP end), & do an Update sync to a new directory (also called, TEST should work) on the SFTP sever.

Query the SFTP end.
Do the files show up with the hidden attribute set?
And if not, after quitting FFS, do they at some point in the future then show with the hidden attribute set.

Maybe Integrity Levels (or similar) are playing in?
https://book.hacktricks.xyz/windows-hardening/windows-local-privilege-escalation/integrity-levels