batch file won't save with .batch at the end

Get help for specific problems

btthevoice

I'm new with the program, everything seemed to be going good until suddenly when I tried to save the batch file the usual .batch extension was replaced with something like _gui at the end. I can't get it to get back to .batch.
Any help?

Plerry

For clarity, FreeFileSync (FFS) sync configurations files have either a .ffs_gui or a .ffs_batch extension, never a plain .batch extension.

There are two ways to save FFS sync configurations in the FFS GUI
Via the FFS GUI Configuration window (by default top left in the FFS GUI), or via the File menu top left.
In either case, you will find three possibilities
Save (Ctrl+S, the plain floppy icon), which will save a previously saved sync configuration that is active/open in the FFS GUI under its present name and with its existing .ffs_gui or .ffs_batch extension.
Save as (the floppy icon with two green circular arrows in the Configuration window, no icon in the File menu), which saves the sync configuration that is active/open in the FFS GUI under a user specified name with the .ffs_gui extension. These files will always open in the FFS GUI.
Save as batch job (the icon with a single half-circular green arrow and white >_ text), which saves the sync configuration that is active/open in the FFS GUI under a user specified name with the .ffs_batch extension. These files can be run without opening the FFS GUI.

So, likely you have previously intentionally or inadvertently saved your sync configuration as a *.ffs_gui file, and are now trying to save via the Save or Save as button or option.
Instead, you should be using the Save as batch job button or option.