Reinstal PC, duplicate files on archive HDD

Get help for specific problems

Jaguarik

Good day.
1) I am forced to reinstall the PC. Is it necessary to do something with FFS so that duplicates and triplicates of the backed-up data on the archive HDD do not arise after the reinstallation? For example, save some of his log file? It is currently set: By time and size, Update, Move files to user-specified folder: \\.....\...\, Versioning - replacement.
2) it is possible to ask FFS to find duplicate files, data that was created by unprofessional operation of FFS and some data and files were duplicated due to incorrect settings. Due to bad FFS settings, I have some files on the archive HDD three times and with that amount it is not realistic to manually sort them....
3) I make sure: Versioning is related only and only to the basket, i.e. moves older archived files from the archive location and replaces them with new, changed ones:
a) Replace - moves and replaces the identical file in the trash - so the original one disappears
b) Time stamp (Folder) - moves the replaced file to the trash, keeps it and adds the mark of the folder from which it comes and the same also c) only with the mark (File)
Thank you for your understanding and patience. Miroslav

xCSxXenon

1) Nothing special. Use the same FFS configuration setup and the same locations, should be fine.
2) No, FFS doesn't include any 'duplication detection' features
3) Versioning is per-configuration. Not sure what a basket is referring to, it may be worth clarifying your terminology to be more accurate. Files that get deleted or overwritten with a new version get versioned according to the settings you choose.
a) Not placed in the trash, placed wherever you tell it to be placed.
b) correct, and keeps directory structure. Also not placed in the trash, placed wherever you tell it to be placed.
c) Moves the deleted or overwritten file to your versioning location, but does not keep directory structure.